Holistic Structural Integration (HSI)
your holistic alternative to Physical Therapy, Rolfing, and Massage Therapy
for correction of pain, posture problems, and restricted range-of-motion
as well as for preventative maintenance and performance enhancement
Posture is far more important to health than most people realize, and it’s very easy to improve!
Back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other structural problems result from weak posture.
Strengthening structural balance and functional alignment helps relieve pain, improve appearance, and promote graceful aging.
With informative quantum biofeedback feedback scans, effective hands-on manual therapies, and simple home-care exercises, I can help you take control of all aspects of your health and your life.
The first step is to schedule an appointment.
Sitting Is The New Smoking
Sitting folds your body, restricting breathing and circulation, impacting health nearly as much as smoking! Poor posture and prolonged sitting can increase risk of chronic diseases, increasing mortality from all causes, even if you exercise daily!
“Posture is an indicator of how long and how well you’ll live.” ~ Dr. Steven Weiniger
Don’t Succumb To “Tech-Neck”
Poor posture combined with prolong sitting also results in neck pain, back pain, and headaches.
Benefits of HSI:
- heal faster
- feel better
- stand taller
- breathe deeper
- move easier
- age gracefully
- increased energy
- less risk of injury
- better quality sleep
- reduce or eliminate your need for drugs and surgery
HSI Is Great For:
- relief from pain – all types
- strengthening posture & balance
- injury and surgical recovery & rehabilitation
- post-partum recover & rehabilitation
- improving and maintaining overall health
- increasing life expectancy
- improving quality of life
FREE DURING THE MONTH OF YOUR BIRTHDAY:
Computerized Detailed & Comprehensive Posture Analysis – full take-home report.
Featured Supplemental Modalities
- (coming soon) Cellular Massage using Violet Ray Electrotherapy increases blood flow and vitality to all tissues of the body, improving strength and elasticity (invented by Nikola Tesla and recommended over 900 times by Edgar Cayce)
- Class IV Therapeutic Laser relieves pain and accelerates healing by facilitating tissue and cellular regeneration
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) immediately and painlessly restores function and range-of-motion to damaged tissue
Initial visit (approx 2 hours) $180 includes:
Initial 3-visit series (recommended) $450:
Jump start your treatment results! Package price must be paid at time of first visit; includes initial visit plus 2 additional appointments (90 minutes each) over the next 2-4 weeks.
Discount packages & membership programs available for ongoing therapy.
Payment is required at time of service. If covered by your insurance, I will provide you with documents to submit for reimbursement
(Cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted)
Presentation Is Everything!
If you want to attract your ideal mate, land your dream job, or become more successful in business, then start with your presentation. Improving your posture results in the appearance of being more intelligent, confident, competent, capable, and attractive. When you appear more confident, you become more confident, exponentially increasing your chances of being successful in your career, your relationships, and your life.
Get the respect and admiration you deserve by becoming the best possible version of yourself!
Did you know? – Aches & Pains
Most of the aches and pains that you experience in your body as you age result from weak posture and has nothing to do with your number of years. Longstanding poor posture and imbalanced motion can be associated with the breakdown in equilibrium and balance associated with older age. Maintaining balance can become a greater cognitive demand as some older people literally have to think about standing up. Notice if someone stops walking to talk – it’s an indicator of weakened balance and/or cognitive function.
By strengthening your posture and functional alignment, you look and feel younger, improve cognition, and actually prolong your life!
Did you know? – Dysfunction and Disease
Function Follows Form: Without proper form (posture), the body doesn’t function efficiently, and you experience all types of dysfunction in the body – from irregular or uncontrollable body movements to frozen joints, from anxiety and breathing disorders to disease in all forms.
Did you know? – Cognitive Function
Your equilibrium and proprioception come from your brain – not your muscles. A breakdown in balance and posture indicates a breakdown in the way your brain communicates with the rest of your body. Improving your balance and posture will improve you brain function.
Did you know? – Weight, Activity and Life Span
What is Holistic Structural Integration (HSI)?
In contrast with conventional therapies, which seek to impose the will of a therapist on the body of a client, Holistic Structural Integration seeks to assist the entire being in restoring normal balance and function, on all levels, on its own terms. Holistic Structural Integration simply offers the body what it needs to begin its own healing process gently, naturally, respectfully, deeply, and effectively. Despite its gentleness, the results are profound and may even be visible to those around you.
By identifying the unique needs of each individual being and by communicating and working with the body’s inner intelligence, the Holistic Structural Therapist provides support and assistance while the body rids itself of “stuckness”, freeing trapped energy and restoring free and open movement. The Self-Healing Coach empowers you to do all of this yourself at home.
HSI is right for you if:
- you have pain, restricted range of motion, posture problems, a general sense of un-wellness, shallow or restricted breathing OR you are interested in prevention and maintenance for all levels of your being
- you accept 100% responsibility for your health, your wellbeing, and your life circumstances
- your preference is to leave drugs and surgery for the very last resort
- you are willing and able to follow simple home-care instructions between appointments
- you are open to non-conventional therapies that are not necessarily accepted or promoted by mainstream medicine
- you understand and agree that no one can impose healing on you without your direct participation and a commitment to yourself
- you are self-motivated and self-empowered, or you are ready to become so
Symptoms of Posture Breakdown
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease is an irritation of the joint that can be caused by unbalanced motion. The imbalance stresses joints causing formation of bone spurs leading to joint pain.
- Back pain, sciatica, poor balance, and falls: Researchers found that patients with back pain were less efficient at maintaining balance and controlling their posture when they moved their arms, supporting the concept that postural disuse atrophy of deep stabilizing spinal muscles like the multifidus weakens balance, leading to falls as well as weak posture.
- Stress & anxiety: Bad posture habits will impact stress and anxiety. In a tech-driven world, many don’t notice hunched shoulders and shallow breathing has become a way of life. Decreased lung capacity means you’ve limited the amount of oxygen reaching the bloodstream and the result is fatigue, insomnia, muscle cramps and (for many) feelings of anxiety and panic.
- Restricted breathing & low oxygen saturation: Poor posture causes chest muscles to tighten while back muscles become weak. When breathing muscles are restricted, you process less oxygen. This threatens circulation, digestion, concentration and respiration.
- Headache & neck pain: Usually related to poor posture, neck pain and headaches might begin after an injury or auto accident, but can also be caused by poor posture habits that strain the neck and upper back.
- Premature aging and less healthy or attractive appearance: Bent-forward posture compresses lungs and abdominal organs increasing risk of heart disease and circulatory problems. Standing tall with head aligned over your shoulders, hips and feet makes you appear taller, more slender and younger! In other words, strong posture is important for a long, beautiful life.
- Aligning structures to avoid excessive mechanical stress (avoiding injury & premature aging)
- Learning to move with coordinated function for optimal performance as you balance & avoid pain
- Utilize effective hands-on therapies to help restore balance and alleviate pain
- Move naturally, feel good, be strong and improve health
All services require an appointment
Open most holidays and some Sundays – hours may vary.
Chahna – Holistic Structural Therapist,
Self-Healing Coach, Posture Exercise Professional
Training, Certifications, & Designations (not a complete list):
Osteopathic Manual Practitioner (OMP)*
Assisted Therapeutic Stretching (Rossiter Stretching Technique)
Holistic Myofascial Release (MFR – John F. Barnes approach)
Muscle Energy & Neural Reset Therapy (NRT – Lawrence Woods)
Neuromuscular Therapy & Rehabilitation (Active Release Technique)
Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (Graston Technique)
Assisted Isolated Therapeutic Exercise
FDA compliant Therapeutic Laser Technician
Soft Tissue Manipulation (Massage Therapy)
* Not to be confused with a D.O. or a medical doctor of any kind. I do not practice or promote allopathic medicine in any form.
All disease results from deviation from nature and separation from source.
At Transformations Wellness, you aren’t just a recipient of my services – you are an active participant!
Regardless of the skills or credentials of a doctor or therapist, NO ONE can impose healing on you without your direct participation and involvement. Also, despite popular misconception, prescription and over-the-counter drugs don’t heal you – they merely mask your symptoms. They do absolutely nothing to improve your health and, more often than not, they make you LESS healthy and ensure your dependency on the medical establishment, which is profiting from your illness.
The responsibility for healing always lies with the patient or client – there are no exceptions. When any medical intervention is successful, it’s because a change in behavior or belief was triggered in the patient or client. (What else can explain the fact that the same intervention is successful for one, but unsuccessful for another with the same condition?) Therefore, your healing will progress more quickly and thoroughly if you understand, cooperate with, and participate in your therapy. All along the way, I will be providing learning opportunities, references, resources, and self-care instructions for you to practice at home, between your treatments, empowering you to take complete control of your healing progress.
A “healer” is not someone you go to for healing, but rather is someone who triggers within you your own ability to heal yourself.
Never take your body to a doctor or therapist the way you take your car to a mechanic – “Here, I broke this. You fix it for me!”